Jim Manico | Manicode Security
Jim is the founder of Manicode Security where he trains software developers on secure coding and security engineering. Jim is a frequent speaker on secure software practices and is a member of the Java-One Rock Star speaker community. Jim is a Global Board Member for the OWASP foundation where he helps drive the strategic vision for the organization and is the author of "Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications" from McGraw-Hill.
Jim Manico from Manicode Security talks with ITSPmagazine's Sean Martin about the OWASP foundation and the collection of projects it maintains.
Some of the discussion points include:
- Introduction, history, and release candidate details of the OWASP Top 10
- Does the latest set of data lead to controversy over the items that made the top 10 list in the most recent release candidate?
- Jim provides some tips for making the most out of all that OWASP provides for developers, standards bodies, and OWASP leaders
- Jim lists some additional resources for different groups to use to help them drive secure app dev throughout their organization - from engineers to CISOs
- Jim's excited to share that he sees the InfoSec industry is being heard; now’s the time to continue the good fight for security he says
- There are challenges associated with devops and Jim believes there is an over-reliance on tools for application security automation
- Jim provides some final, closing tips for getting started with an application security program - his "Monday list"