Secure Coding Instructor, Manicode Security
Jim is the founder of Manicode Security where he trains software developers on secure coding and security engineering. Jim is a frequent speaker on secure software practices and is a member of the Java-One Rock Star speaker community. Jim is a Global Board Member for the OWASP foundation where he helps drive the strategic vision for the organization and is the author of "Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications" from McGraw-Hill.
Podcasts on ITSP Radio
Jim Manico from Manicode Security talks with ITSPmagazine's Sean Martin about the OWASP foundation and the collection of projects it maintains.
Some of the discussion points include:
- Introduction, history, and release candidate details of the OWASP Top 10
- Does the latest set of data lead to controversy over the items that made the top 10 list in the most recent release candidate?
- Jim provides some tips for making the most out of all that OWASP provides for developers, standards bodies, and OWASP leaders
- Jim lists some additional resources for different groups to use to help them drive secure app dev throughout their organization - from engineers to CISOs
- Jim's excited to share that he sees the InfoSec industry is being heard; now’s the time to continue the good fight for security he says
- There are challenges associated with devops and Jim believes there is an over-reliance on tools for application security automation
- Jim provides some final, closing tips for getting started with an application security program - his "Monday list"