Securing applications that rely on third-party and open source software
Webinar Poll Results
How many of your apps use open source software?
Do you proactively manage open source software risk?
Aside from the data they collect, create, and store, applications can oftentimes be an organization's greatest digital asset. Building custom applications to match the customer and market demands mapped to revenue objectives and available resources can be tremendously rewarding, but also a potentially-huge undertaking.
Ultimately, time to market is always a factor ... a requirement that almost always wins out over security. One way to tackle the time and effort to deliver more quickly is to leverage third party and open source components. But, do these elements save you in the long run - or do they introduce more risk in the form of potential vulnerabilities that are either not easily uncovered (at best) or not easily patched (if patchable at all)?
To answer these questions and more, we've pulled together a group of experts that deal with these challenges on a daily basis. During their conversation, webinar attendees will learn:
- What the value of open source software (OSS) is
- What are some common cases where open source software is utilized in today's applications
- What are the security risks and pitfalls when using OSS
- A view into a few case studies for companies that have fallen victim to the risks of using OSS
- How have companies identified and mitigated the risks associates with the OSS component, Struts
- How to tune the secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) to account for the use of open source software
BONUS: Attendees Get a Free White Paper
When you register for this expert webcast you will also receive a download link for a new white paper titled "Application Security in an Open Source World.
Sean Martin, CISSP, Editor-in-Chief, ITSPmagazine
New York Life
Fortune 100 Co.